Prize Essay Submission
Rules and Requirements 2021
- There may be up to two (2) Prize Essay presentations at each scientific meeting.
- The Prize Essays will be selected from the submissions for each annual scientific program. The competition is open only to current students, residents and fellows, or persons who have completed residency or fellowship not more than three years ago, and are currently practicing in Canada, or intend to begin practice in Canada upon the completion of residency or fellowship.
- The Prize Essay should be in the form of a manuscript and shall not have been previously published or awarded a prize, nor shall it have been presented to any meeting other than to the author’s institution. Submissions must be accompanied by a letter stating that the manuscript has not been previously published or received a prize.
- The paper should be written in the form of a scientific manuscript and at a length no more than 2500 words, single-spaced, size 12 font, not including an abstract. Please note that any figures that are included must be a JPG and in high resolution (minimum 300 dots per inch (dpi)). The full paper includes: the abstract, body of manuscript, figures, table, appendix, and references. The maximum 2500 words does not include the title page nor the abstract. The paper should suit the CUAJ guidelines found online here.
- The winning Prize Essay(s) will be presented during the scientific program and the full manuscript will be published in the CUAJ. The winner will receive free full registration. The winner will receive a certificate as well.
Please submit your manuscript via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
DEADLINE: March 16, 2021at 11:59 PM ET
If you have submitted an abstract through the online abstract submission process, please include the Abstract ID in your email.
If you have any questions or concerns, please let us know at the same e-mail address.