How to get to Halifax / Getting around Halifax
Official Air Carrier
Air Canada Air Canada (including Air Canada Jazz) has been appointed the official Canadian airline for this meeting. In order to benefit from a 10% discount on most of the fares and other advantages, you will have to book your flight online at www.aircanada.com and enter the promotional code: Z9ZHDRK1. This discount applies only for flights from within Canada or the United States. Click here to make a reservation.
- Toronto: 2 hours
- Montreal: 1 hour 20 minutes
- Ottawa: 1 hour 32 minutes
- Calgary: 5 hours
- Vancouver: 5 hours 45 minutes
- St. John's, NF: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Chicago: 3 hours
- New York: 1 hour 45 minutes
- Washington, DC: 2 hours
- London, UK: 6 hours 15 minutes
Halifax is serviced by the Halifax Stanfield International Airport
- The airport is located at 32 km / 20 miles from Halifax City Centre.
- CUA 2018 has negotiated a special rate with Hertz for car rental. For more information and rates, click here. To reserve a car, click here. Don't forget to enter the special code CV# 022Q8664 when making your reservation.
- It will take you approximately 35 minutes to drive to the Halifax Marriott Harbourfront Hotel. To get driving directions from the Halifax Stansfield International Airport to the Halifax Marriott Harbourfront Hotel, click here.
Airport Express / Maritime Bus
- A seasonal shuttle service (May 1 to October 31 only), dropping you off directly at the Halifax Marriott Harbourfront Hotel as well as other properties, is provided by Airport Express.
- Fare: one-way: 22 $ / round trip: 40 $ - free for kids under 12 years old.
- Click here to buy your ticket on-line or call at 1.844.378.6880 to book your seat*. You can also buy your ticket directly at the airport at the ground transportation booth.
*IMPORTANT: TICKETS MUST BE PURCHASED AHEAD OF TIME, even for kids under 12 years old.
- While reserving your ticket, you must mention your destination if you wish to be dropped off directly at your hotel.
- Passengers MUST BE READY at the pick-up time mentioned while reserving your ticket.
MetroX - Downtown direction
- Bus 320
- From 5:15 AM until 1:10 AM - Click here for schedules.
- Departure every 30 minutes from 06:00 AM until 09:00 AM and from 3:00 PM until 6:00 PM.
- Departure every 60 minutes other time of day.
- Fare: $3.50 for adults and $2.75 for children and elderly.
- Exact fare required (change is available at the Security Administration Office located at the airport ground level).
- Exit at the last station (Albmarle Street) - Click here to download route map.
- You are at 550 metres from the Halifax Marriott Harboufront Hotel (8-minute walk).
Taxis and limousines
- Airport car services are available curbside in the arrivals area for all arriving flights. A one-way trip to Halifax city centre is $63.00 by taxi or limousine. Shared ride service may also be available. For more information, check at the Ground Transportation kiosk in the domestic arrivals area.
Click here for more information.
Driving distance to the Halifax Marriott Harbourfront is:
- Montréal: 1200 km - 12 hours
- Ottawa: 1400 km - 14 hours
Getting around Halifax
Discover charming Halifax on foot, by bike, or by bus or try the ferry that linked up Halifax to Dartmouth and that is also connected no charge to the Halifax bus transit! For more information, click here.
The Halifax Marriott Harbourfront Hotel is located right on the Halifax Waterfront pedestrian street and is located at a walking distance from many points of interest.
- Halifax Convention Centre: 6 minutes
- Halifax ''Historic Properties'': 1 minute
- Maritime Museum of the Atlantic: 5 minutes
- Halifax Central Station: 15 minutes
- Canadian Museum of Immigration at Pier 21: 20 minutes
- Halifax Citadel: 20 minutes
- Halifax Ferry Terminal : 5 minutes
Dare to be different! Book a bike tour or just rent a bike by the hour at ''Iheartbikes'' Halifax!
Click here for a route map of Halifax's bike trails.
Halifax and Dartmouth are linked by ferries, also included in the Halifax Transit systems that includes the public transit of the area. Click here for more details
Even if Halifax is a city that is best discovered by foot or by public transit, it is a city that is made at a human scale, where driving is easier. As in any cities, traffic is heavier during morning and afternoon rush hours.
To help you find a parking spot, click here.
Halifax Transit supply reliable public transit in the Halifax area, including ferry services between Halifax and Dartmouth.
Click here for fares, schedules and routes of Halifax Transit.
It is easy to find a taxi in Halifax. You can call Yellow Cab au +1 902-420-0000 or book your car on-line. Fares are standard, metered and non-negotiable.